Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pantry supper with a little help from the garden


This time of year, going to the garden isn't as joyous as it was just one month ago. But, it still has some tricks up its sleeve and so do I! After a long day of travel back from the south, K and I were not about to go to the grocery store. I needed to come up with something that 1) I had ingredients for, 2) was filling, 3)  was easy and 4) could be eaten all day. My journey started in our  now meager garden. Leeks, scallions, chives. Perfect!

Red potatoes from my favorite local deli. I think they somehow inject these with extra sweetness. I have never had a potato better.

Chicken breasts. Enough for stock AND chicken salad for lunch during the week.

Chorizo. Yum!

Sourdough bread. Don't get too excited. It's not technically "homemade." That's K's job. I had help from King Aurthur Flour Company's bread mix.

The final product? The most delicious soup and warm bread! Onion-y, spicy, warm and tasty. I left the pot on the stove and we munched on it all day. And, finished both loaves of bread by the time we went to bed that night! 


No comments:

Post a Comment