Friday, September 16, 2011

The dog days are o-O-ver


I've been pretty horrendous at keeping up with writing a blog. Not because I don't have the time. Not because I don't like to write. Not because I don't have anything TO write. In fact, I have a lot I'd like to share, which was my problem. Naming this blog "Dog Eat Sock" has been playing tricks on my brain. I thought, "Well, I certainly can't share recipes or gardening successes, er, failures or all the other wonderful things I get to do as a 29 year old house wife." By the way..I have the best job on the planet. After telling K my desire to write about more than just the dogs he said, "You can write it on Dog Eat Sock!" Ok. He wasn't that upbeat about it, not because he doesn't care, but because, well, dudes aren't really that upbeat. Anyway, the high temperature today was 62. And I loved every second. So did Bee and Lily.

While they are outside laying in the cool grass I've been inside working on our favorite fall meal, beef and burgundy. It's not my recipe, but I wouldn't dare try to play with it's prefect blend of browned bits, wine and caramelized mushrooms. Chances are, if you have ever been invited to our house during the colder months, this is what we served. At one point, I was afraid people would stop visiting because they were sick of eating it. I know one thing for sure, there's not a person in this house that could ever refuse this delicious, fall perfect, meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment